Decluttering is ESSENTIAL for optimal health. Too much stuff can be a distraction. Clutter in the home can keep things messy and unorganized. Clutter or too much chatter going through your mind makes it hard to center and focus. It is easy to get into a habit of holding on to things that are no good for you mentally or physically. Things that no longer serve a purpose can weigh you down.
Balance requires getting rid of some stuff. This in turn makes space for new possibilities. When you are serious about becoming healthier, it is helpful to get rid of some stuff. One area that can be life-changing is cleaning out the pantry.
- Get rid of as much processed food as possible.
- Know you weaknesses. Get rid of temptation. (Pretzels can be in my pantry without me being tempted to eat them. Chips can not.)
- Understand that many of the unhealthy preservatives you consume are in the pantry. It is the chemicals that give them a shelf life. Those same preservative can take away from your life.
- Focus on keeping more items that are perishable. These are fresh items like fruits and vegetables, whole grains, etc.
- Visit the refrigerator and freezer while you are at it. If it is not in the house, you are less tempted to binge.
If you are not ready for such drastic measures, you are not ready. It’s OK. I don’t through out EVERYTHING. It is most important to be honest with yourself. If you are reading this post, on some level, you are taking in the information. Remember to love yourself right where you are. It’s a process.